About Me

Ranting and raving. And lots of youtubing.

Wednesday, June 6, 2012

"Sometimes it's right to do the wrong thing, and right now is one of those times."

Ola. Two posts in two days! You lucky folk, you. The title of this post is pretty relevant. It is from the film The Wackness, which is epic, but I am meant to be finishing an assignment due tonight (by finish I mean... start... write... finish). But, I have decided to do writing I enjoy before bashing out 2000 words. Anyway, I had the incredible pleasure of discovering two young youtube sensations this week. Their names are Lennon and Maisy and they are EIGHT AND TWELVE YEARS OLD. Which might not seem THAT incredible, until you watch how talented they are. I'll be honest, I actually haven't heard a lot of the original songs from which they are covering, but I don't think that really matters. They are so incredible, I'm just going to throw in a whole bunch of their clips. How are they not signed yet? Do not make them popstars! Their musical sensibility is too amazing for pop - or for that crappy Angus and Julia Stone shit. Make them a Cat Power second coming duo. Robyn Cover - Call Your Girlfriend Jason Mraz Cover (that guy is a serious douche though) - I Won't Give Up The Swell Season Cover - When Your Minds Made Up Jessie J - Price Tag Matthew Perry Jones - When it All Falls Apart. From what I can gather from the top rated comment, it seems that the originals of this track actually thanked them for doing a cover of it, that's pretty sweet. This is the SEVEN YEAR OLD doing a cover of Till There Was You

No comments:

Post a Comment